Invisalign: Clear, Removable, Comfortable
The decision to correct a malocclusion is one that can impact a person for their lifetime. The process can’t be done overnight, but when teeth are crooked, misaligned, spaced inappropriately, or misshapen, Invisalign provides an option that allows treatment to be completed in a comfortable and virtually invisible way.
Invisalign is a method of teeth straightening that utilizes a series of clear, removable aligners that gently reposition teeth to correct an over bite, under bite or cross bite.
The process can’t be done overnight, but when teeth are crooked, misaligned, spaced inappropriately, or misshapen, Invisalign provides an option that allows treatment to be completed in a comfortable and virtually invisible way.
The patient will consult with the dentist to determine if they qualify for this method of treatment. If so, the patient will sit for photographs, dental x-rays, and dental impressions. These will be sent to the Invisalign lab where the skilled technicians will utilize 3-D digital technology to develop the series of aligners that will produce results.
The advantages with Invisalign are tremendous:
- The aligners are clear so teeth straightening is virtually unseen. This is extremely important for teens and young adults that want a beautiful smile without enduring years of metal bands and brackets.
- There are no wires to break and no metal to rub against soft mouth tissue creating abrasions and mouth sores.
- This method of straightening does not involve tightening wires to keep the process on track. The patient merely updates their aligners every few weeks and the created aligners continue to gently shift teeth.
- The aligners are removable. This is very important for several reasons:
- There are no diet restrictions as aligners are removed for meals and snacks. Healthy and crunchy fruits and vegetables that are off limits with other braces are admissible with Invisalign.
- Daily oral hygiene of flossing and brushing is completed without having to manipulate around braces.
- The twice yearly visits to the dentist for a thorough cleaning and oral exam are conducted without any obstacles. Plaque build-up is controlled more easily keeping teeth and gum tissue healthy throughout the straightening process.
- If dental decay is indicated during teeth straightening, it can easily be corrected and the aligners can continue to do their job without any extra visits for orthodontic repairs.
The aligners must be worn twenty to twenty-two hours each day to accomplish teeth straightening goals in the prescribed amount of time.
Your teeth can be straightened using these clear, plastic, comfortable and removable aligners making Invisalign the clear choice for orthodontic treatment.
Contact our experienced dental team today for more information on how Invisalign can improve your smile.