Resolve to keep your mouth happy!
Happy New Year!
I hope that you enjoyed your holidays and your New Year’s celebration. It’s hard to believe that another year is behind us!
If you are like most Americans, the standard New Year’s activities include not only eating black eyed peas, but also making a list of New Year’s resolutions. What exactly are resolutions? Well they are goals that you set for yourself and plan to achieve during this next year. What’s the best way to make New Year’s resolutions?
- Only select a few (2-3) goals for the year. If you get too many goals lined up for yourself, it can be overwhelming and your chances of achieving them lessen.
- Write them down! It’s amazing how quickly we forget things, even things that we swear we will never forget! I always write my resolutions down in the “notes” section of my iPhone but writing them down anywhere is important.
- When you write them down, make sure they have these two components. Make sure they are specific and that they are measurable. For example, instead of saying “I resolve to floss my teeth” a more specific goal would be “I resolve to floss my teeth every night for each night of the year”. See? It’s much more specific. This will help you measure your goal.
- Make sure your goals aren’t too lofty and that they aren’t too grand. It’s always nice to have a goal that pushes yourself but if your goals are too broad (ex: “I want to travel the world this year!”), you have a smaller chance of achieving it. Just keep it simple!
Writing resolutions can be fun and rewarding! Because all of us here at Dallas Dental Concierge care about each of our patients and friends, we wanted to help give you a few ideas for resolutions around your oral healthcare! Feel free to use a few when you make your list.
- I resolve to floss my teeth once a day at least 5 days a week for the entire year.
- I resolve to brush my teeth twice a day, each day, for the entire year.
- I resolve to visit the dentist for a check-up and cleaning twice a year.
- I resolve to use safe, bleaching, fluoride toothpaste each time I clean my teeth all year.
- I resolve to limit myself to 2 pieces of candy per week to help avoid cavities this year.
- I resolve to use mouthwash after I brush my teeth at least once a day this year.
While I’m sure there are more resolutions around oral health and care, I hope these got you started!
Happy New Year from all of us here at Dallas Dental Concierge! We hope that your 2016 is off to a great start and we look forward to seeing you and hearing for you this year!
For a limited time, we are offering a FREE* Sonicare Diamondclean Toothbrush (A $219 retail value) with your first visit; including exam, cleaning and x-rays. Just complete the form below and experience our quality of care. Give Dallas Dental Concierge a call at (214) 760-6035 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.